Natrona County High School
Tuesday, February 20th, 2018
Today is a BLACK day
Menu: daily specials
Breakfast Wednesday: Sausage on a bun
Lunch today: Chicken fajitas
We begin our week by reciting the Pledge of Allegiance. Please stand and face the flag…
“I pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.”
Video game club is canceled tonight.
The wrestling team placed 4th at the 4a West Regional. Here are the placers:
138 Paulo Benabise 3rd
170 Brett Brenton 1st
182 Wyatt Atkinson 4th
195 Dan Slack 1st
220 Yahav Schriaber 1st
285 Trevon Smith 1st
Come support the wrestlers at the Sate Tournament on Friday and Saturday
Spring Sports are right around the corner. If you plan on participating and have not already turned in a completed physical for this school year, please do so. Do not wait until the first day of practice; as the processing time could cause you missed practices. Missed practices may also lead to missed games/competitions.
Monday, March 5th- 1st practice, Track & Soccer
Monday, March 26th- 1st practice, Golf and Tennis
If you have any questions please call the Activities Office.
The NC Diversity Club has provided quotes to read throughout the day for the rest of the month, in honor of Black History Month. This morning's quote is from Jackie Robinson who became the first black professional baseball player in the major leagues in 1947. “I’m not concerned with your liking or disliking me. All I ask is that you respect me as a human being.”
All boys and girls interested in Outdoor track, a meeting will be heldWednesday, February 21, during “BOTH” Mustang Connections. Sign up will take place at this time.
The boys meeting will be in Coach Brown’s Driver Education classroom (0066)
The girls meeting will be held in Coach Jurgensen classroom (3106)
Natrona County High School will be holding a press conference for Bre Kelly and Kristy Dick today,February 20th at 3:45 in the NCHS Library.
Bre will sign her letter of intent to play volleyball at Sheridan College.
Kristy will be signing her letter of intent to play volleyball at Colorado Christian University in Lakewood, Colorado.
Congratulations to Bre and Kristy! Every day is a great day to be a Filly!
Any girls interested in playing soccer this year need to see coach Vondra as well as, have a physical and code of conduct signed prior to the start of season, March 5th.
There will be open gym for girls soccer players February 22nd and March 1st at 8:15 in the MAC. Please bring indoor shoes and shin guards.
EVENTS THIS WEEK
WEDNESDAY: Last blast parent meeting at 5:30pm in the library.
FRIDAY: State wrestling at the Casper Events Center.
SATURDAY: State Wrestling at the Casper Events Center.
Happy Birthday to Makala Boren, Yadin Sulzen, Kelly Lehmbeck, Brooke Dumont, Andrew Goodman, Mr. Jarvis Bliss & Mrs. Carrie Knoepfle.
Click link above for 1st Sem. Honor Roll
A busy and wonderful State Drama saw Thespian Troupe No. 1 do wonderful things.
Natrona State Drama Results - December 2017
December 1, 2 and 3, 2017, NC, KW and Casper College hosted 671 theatre students, their coaches, and many college professors and theatre professionals for State Drama.
We hosted the opening and closing ceremonies, as well as a special performance of Peter and the Starcatcher. The kids had a wonderful time, participated in many amazing workshops, and absolutely nailed their performance of the full play.
All State Superior winners. An * denotes qualification for the International Thespian Festival in Lincoln, NE. this summer.
Matthew Hills - Costume Design*
Lindsay Clark, Desaray Kistler, and Jillian Wallace - Group Acting *
Bailey Gardener - Monologue*
Taylor Berg - Publicity
Camila Cuhna - Fantasy Makeup
Our student-directed one act play ranked 5th out of 19. Breanne Wilkinson worked hard on getting great performances out of her cast.
All of the visiting teams were blown away by the new building. It was an incredibly proud moment to show it off to those in attendance.
Flash Mob rocks the stadium at half time of Oil Bowl
Chainsaw Carvings - NCTV
Veteran's Day Assembly
NCHS Student Parking Lot & Permits
- Students may park vehicles in the student parking lot only
- Vehicles in the student parking lot must display a student parking permit for the current school year (2016-2017)
- Students may purchase parking permits in the main office for $10
- Since NCHS has limited parking during construction, priority for student permits goes to seniors; after that, permits are issued on a first-come, first-served basis until the lot is sold out
- Student parking permits must be either hung from the rear-view mirror or placed on the dashboard
- The entire permit must be easily visible from outside the vehicle
- A vehicle parked in the student lot without a properly-displayed, valid permit may be issued either a warning or a parking ticket
- Parking tickets carry a fine of $20, payable in the main office
- Ticket fines are entered as a mandatory fee on the student’s record
- If a student receives multiple parking tickets during the school year, the student may receive further disciplinary action
- Unauthorized vehicles in the student lot are subject to being towed at the owner’s expense